Massage therapy is hands-on treatment that involves manipulation of the soft tissue structures of the body (muscle, skin, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, and membranes). It improves function of the circulatory, muscular, and nervous systems. Skillful treatment results in pain reduction, improved tissue repair and a more complete recovery of function.
Care Plus’s RMT’s utilize many different techniques depending upon the needs of each patient. They find that athletic and traditional swedish techniques work best when the goal is rapid recovery from injury.
Is it covered by insurance?
Generally speaking, yes! Most extended health plans include Registered Massage Therapy. Every plan is unique so please check with your benefits provider to learn the details of your plan, including if they require a doctor’s prescription for reimbursement. If your treatment is covered by your auto Insurance, you may be eligible for massage therapy.
What are the benefits of massage therapy?
- Injury and post-operative rehabilitation
- Pain relief
- Relieves stress and promotes relaxation
- Reduction of muscle spasm, tension, and stiffness
- Relief from tension headaches
- Enhanced circulation and skin health
- Improved joint flexibility and range of motion
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Improved circulation and posture
- Aids in healing strained muscles and sprained ligaments